It’s a gray, rainy day here in D.C., and though that reminds me of my hometown (Seattle!), it also feels dreary after a few beautiful spring days last week. When I feel my mood plummeting, I try to think of good things, favorite things (like Julie Andrews sang about in The Sound of Music!)(yes, I’m a Pollyanna)(sometimes)(and I'm okay with that). I missed the official Top Ten Tuesday for this topic, but I thought my list was worth sharing anyway. So, here are the top 10 things that warm my bookworm heart, created with help from my sister Virginia and friend Melissa.
1. Sunny spot in a coffee shop
2. Gift cards to book stores
3. Book-themed t-shirts, socks, coasters, etc.
4. Seeing strangers reading a book I love “out in the wild”
5. Book club (and book club friends)
6. Library hold shelf – if you don’t feel like browsing or interacting with anyone, you can still borrow books!
7. New book smell
8. A whole day set aside for reading
9. Favorite reading spot on the couch or in bed, with mandatory fuzzy blanket
10. Hot Dudes Reading Instagram account… self-explanatory
What are some things that warm your book-loving heart?