waiting on wednesday (47)

Today I’m participating in "Waiting On" Wednesday, a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Its purpose is to spotlight upcoming book releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

I read Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves’ InterWorld back before I started blogging, and I loved its sci-fi plot.  Its tone reminded me a bit of a grim Diana Wynne Jones – with a full measure of inventiveness, a couple of unreliable characters, mystery and worlds unknown.  I packed that book up when I moved across the country, and I haven’t read it since.  When I went through the spring YA catalogs I was surprised and pleased to see a sequel is on its way.  The Silver Dream: An InterWorld Novel by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves will be released by HarperTeen on April 23, 2013.

the silver dream by neil gaiman and michael reaves book cover
The sequel to the New York Times bestselling fantasy adventure InterWorld, from award-winning and bestselling team Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves. 

Sixteen-year-old Joey Harker has just saved the Altiverse-the dimension that contains all the myriad Earths-from complete destruction. After mastering the ability to walk between dimensions, Joey and his fellow InterWorld Freedom Fighters are on a mission to maintain peace between the rival powers of magic and science who seek to control all worlds. 

When a stranger named Acacia somehow follows Joey back to InterWorld's Base, things get complicated. No one knows who she is or where she's from-or how she knows so much about InterWorld. Dangerous times lie ahead, and Joey has no one to rely on but himself and his wits-and, just maybe, the mysterious Acacia Jones. 

Full of riveting interdimensional battles, epic journeys between worlds, and twists and turns along the way, this sequel to InterWorld is a thrilling, mind-bending adventure through time and space.

What books are you waiting on?

6 comments:

Liviania said...

The only thing I don't like about this title is that the attribution is misleading - Neil Gaiman had basically nothing to do with it. (I'm sure it will still be great . . . but of course he's the famous guy so his name still gets top billing.)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds fascinating...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds exciting and a little like we might get a romance.

elena said...

I haven't read Interworld yet but since this is Neil Gaiman, I am sure this would be AMAZING.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I still need to read Interworld, but that's great there is a sequel coming out. I need to read more by Gaiman in general. All I've read (so far) are a couple of his graphic novels...those are great. :)

Dazzling Mage said...

I haven't heard of this series! MUST get my hands on the first book!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home